Site is confusing

Γενική συζήτηση για την εξομοίωση πτήσεων. / Discuss anyhting reagrding flight simulation.
OAL065 Kieren Richardson
Name: Kieren Richardson
Callsign: OAL065

Site is confusing

Post by OAL065 Kieren Richardson »

Hi I'm new to Olympic air I do understand that the airline is not English however I'm struggling to browse the site and find the information I need.

There is to many pinned topics so it's mixed with important content that new users need, I've read the introduction email and I have clicked on the hyperlinks to find myself being directed to another forum index with again heaps of threads with no (ACARS download) nor aircraft liveries.

Logging in to start a flight is showing difficult as my login is returning a MSQL error on the main site.

You may seem it's easy but I am a website developer myself and I think it's not helping that half is in English and other half is another language.

Not that I'm complaining just a couple of pointers to show me in the right direction.
OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

Re: Site is confusing

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Hello Kieren and welcome again to our company.

You seem to confuse two things: The Dispatch Office with the forum. You won't find any links to download ACARS in our forum. Instead, when you login in the dispatch office from the main site and select the company you are assigned to, you will notice a main bar on top which has all the info you'll be needing.

Although the pics are a bit outdated, the How to book a flight in the dispatch office post is always useful.

If you are experiencing any errors on the main site, let us know where and under what circumstances they appear so we can help.

Lastly, the dispatch office is multilingual and fully supports English.
Pilots' Manager
pilots@oav.gr

OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Re: Site is confusing

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

I think we are confusing the forum with the site here.

First of all Kieren, let me welcome you after Nikos to Olympic. We always welcome comments and suggestions. Having said that, a forum is not exactly the ideal place to deliver information in more than one language, thus the confusion that results occasionally. You have a point regarding the outdated pinned topics and we are definitely due for a little housekeeping. We are currently in the process of creating a How to.. section in the site that will contain all the relevant information useful to the new user and lost in the forum. Beyond that, the only things you will need is the OM and ACARS manual (EN versions), both available from the Dispatch Office (as are all downloads).

OAV information/presentation/operations structure consists of the main site (bilingual), the Dispatch Office (available only in English and accessible to pilots only) that contains all downloads (liveries, documents, utilities, etc.) apart from being the main hub for all pilots (yes the downloads section is due for some modernization ;)), the forum as a means of exchanging/sharing information and the social media.

I hope this clarifies things a little more for you. If you feel that some changes would be useful and easier for new users to get their bearings, feel free to post them here for further discussion.