OAV vs FSA

Γενική συζήτηση για την εξομοίωση πτήσεων. / Discuss anyhting reagrding flight simulation.
OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne
Name: Jean-Louis Leborne
Callsign: OAL714

OAV vs FSA

Post by OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne »

Hello all,

Just made yesterday my first OAV flight with Olympic Supersonic from EGLL to LPMA. As required, both OAV Acars and FSA client were running during my flight, and 2 PIREPs were sent at the end of the flight. Please find below a link to the 2 financial reports :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmxbroexbf09w ... %20FSA.pdf

Both of them gives virtual figures experessed in different currencies : FSA, gives v$ figures while OAV gives (I suppose) v€ figures

OAV Total OAV v€ 355526 = v$ 48273
FSA Gross profit v$ 44931 = v€ 33068

(to be honest I don't understand some calculations in the FSA report such as x Multiplier (25) giving the final figure 1.123.275v$ ??????)

As you can see both profit figures are rather similar.

My question : what is the main reason to use the FSA client knowing that OAV Acars gives similar figures ? I guess I'm missing something and what I'm missing is well known for most of the OAV members.

Thanks a lot ;) ;) ;)
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Re: OAV vs FSA

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

The main reason for using FSA is primarily marketing. It is just good advertisement for the VA to be in FSA as it is a quite popular system where you can "compete" statistically with other VAs. It adds the headache of having a second client all the time, but this is deemed an acceptable burden by most.

The reason the figures are different is because the two systems calculate in a different way the income from a flight. In general terms OAV dispatch office is using quite a complex method to calculate the income in each case depending on a lot of factors, like time of the year, region, flights performed from a given airport on a given day, fuel prices, taxes, services and much more.

Regarding the multiplier it is a "cheat" incorporated by FSA so that brand new VAs that start now to be able to aquire money for the purchase of aircraft in a faster pace.

P.S. You can upload any files you wish directly attached to the article you create by using the relevant field below the editor instead of using dropbox. Of course in the end it is a matter of personnal preference and ease of use.

OAL109 Mike Ionas wrote: but this is deemed an acceptable burden by most.
yes it is !

Thanks very much Mike. It's now crystal clear. :) :)
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Name: Kyprianos Biris
Callsign: OAL269

Post by OAL269 Kyprianos Biris »

What I like in FSA is that it also gives me a more "personal" type of activity record.
I (the pilot) have to travel elsewhere to pick up an aircraft available elsewhere.
The global map with your routes flown (not flight plans) is also nice.

In OAV you just pick up any aircraft available from anywhere whereas in FSA you have to e-physically get there.
Its a click and few hundred $ away but still adds a bit of realism in the thing.
Also sometimes in FSA I like to see the Aircraft's history in the back. It adds some fun.
This does not exist in OAV's software.

Welcome to Supersonic Jean-Louis ;)
P3Dv5.4 - CPU i9 10900 / GPU RTX 3070
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator

810309 wrote:Also sometimes in FSA I like to see the Aircraft's history in the back. It adds some fun.
This does not exist in OAV's software.
This is not correct. By selecting Flights for each aircraft (the rightmost icon in the aircraft list) you can see its entire record of flight, since it was added to the fleet.
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator

810309 wrote:The global map with your routes flown (not flight plans) is also nice.
When you log into the dispatch office you see your fligths for the last 30 days (which you can adjust with the date filter). There is a Google Maps icon. If you click on that you will see a global map and the flights for the selected period drawn on it.
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ahaa, thanks Mike, I had missed those

I'm missing a FSA user manuel. Is there one available ?

I don't want to fuel-up Concorde with the FSA strange figures ??? What should I do after hitting the Fly button ? The 3 options are : Fuel-up (not for me), Load initial fuel (what's the point to do that ?) and Back. If I hit the Back button how do I know the flight is activated ?

Not that clear enough for the moment. Thanks for clarifying

P.S I did register some days ago to the FSA forum but everytime I try to login I get the message : "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator" How can I contact a board administrator if I can't login ? :-[ :-[
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator

When you hit Fuel-up it will just load the fuel you have already loaded in the Concorde via the FSLabs manager, therefore that is the correct option.

Regarding the forum, you can send an email to support@fsairlines.com (if my memory serves me well), otherwise I will give you the mail of one of the admins directly.
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jean-Luis if your FSA client does not recognize the Concorde landing lights use the next beta version which was for that but never released.

Download from here
http://fsairlines.net/downloads/
this one
FSAirlinesSetup-v2.1.1rc4.exe 18-Apr-2012 21:23 6.9M

With CTRL+SHIFT+L you switch ON & OFF the FSA Landing Lights and at some add on's this same click switches the actual aircraft switch as well.
Advanced add on's Landing Lights some times are not recognized by FSA.

Regarding admin. communication with FSA ... its a disaster, they are sort of disappeared but their network and client works fine.

Thanks very much Kyprianos

"...if your FSA client does not recognize the Concorde landing lights", I confirm it does not. I'll try the trick CTRL+SHIFT+L with FSAirlinesSetup-v2.1.1rc4.exe 18-Apr-2012 21:23 6.9M I just downloaded.

My 1st email sent to FSA went back to me undelivered. I found a new email adress at the very bottom of the FSA website page that is John Payne : john@fsairlines.net

Wait an see...

J-L
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

839902 wrote:When you hit Fuel-up it will just load the fuel you have already loaded in the Concorde via the FSLabs manager, therefore that is the correct option.
That is what I do, just FUEL UP after setting the fuel I want via the FSL options and if it shows some OVERLOAD just click the respective button of PASSENGERS or CARGO. It will reduce one of the two to bring it just below MTOW and allow you to fly.

BTW, I no longer use the FSLabs manager but CPS instead, developped by my friend Pierre Chassang. It gives much more data that is Concorde specific. Does it matter ? I guess it does not. AFAIK the PAX number used with CPS is not loaded into FSA, i.e PAX number and luggage & cargo figures are different. No big deal !
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pierre has done an amazing job with CPS. I do not use it that often but I have tried it is excellent.