in flight restarting

Old posts for obsolete functionalities and technologies
OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne
Name: Jean-Louis Leborne
Callsign: OAL714

in flight restarting

Post by OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne »

Hello all,

Everytime FSX crashes to desktop, the entire flight must be flown again from the very beginning. It happenned 2 times the last days flying the LIMC-OMDB F1WT supersonic leg ??

With the Autosave FSUIPC option enabled this is not big issue to restart the flight from the most recent position. Unfortunately the OAV Acars can't be restarted in flight. Would it be possible to implement some kind of OAV Acars data autosave to be synchronnized with FSX Autosaves ? Might be complicated but what an improvment !!

O the other and I don't really know what sould be done with FSA in case of a CTD

Thanks for taking into consideration

Best regards J-L
OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

Re: in flight restarting

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Offtopic, but i and other pilots have experienced the same when departing LIMC, all using Milano Malpensa by Sim Giants. Try disabling the scenario and take off from the default.
Pilots' Manager
pilots@oav.gr

Thanks, but Malpensa Sim Giants addon scenery is not installed on FSX.

I've encountered boths of my CTDs at 2/3 of the flight, while manipulating some switches on the fuel panel and I'm not that sure it's related.

What about the idea of implementing an autosave feature for the OAV Acars app ?

Thanks
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

Such a feature is easier said than done from a programmers point of view ;). For the time being, in such cases, just use the FSUIPC autosave feature, complete your flight and submit the PIREP manually.

"in such cases, just use the FSUIPC autosave feature, complete your flight and submit the PIREP manually"

sounds just great enough !

could you please tell me how to manually submit my PIREP ?

Is that the same PIREP page from the dispatch office to be fully completed ? http://www.oav.gr/jsite/index.php/en/co ... ginNew.asp

what about FSA in case of CTD followed by an inflight restart via autosave ?

Thanks again
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

For the manual submission check How to book a flight in the dispatch office. Basically you just edit the PIREP page adding the actual information for your flight. It is always good to write in the remarks th reason you submit the PIREP manually (e.g. ACARS crash).

As far as FSA is concerned we have no control. All you can do is send an email to supersonic[at]oav[dot]gr and request the transfer of the aircraft to the next destination.