Old posts for obsolete functionalities and technologies
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Name: Kyprianos Biris
Callsign: OAL269

Re: minor errors

Post by OAL269 Kyprianos Biris »

Ahaaa ... lets not make ourselves unpopular then !
With the usual prices of 100 to 300 v$ it makes profit as long as there are v.passengers available.
In trips where 10~20 pax were assigned it was a loss (like in real).
In trips where 80 pax are loaded profit is made.
So I will leave the FSA tickets where we usually set them, the upper end of the recommended prices.
P3Dv5.4 - CPU i9 10900 / GPU RTX 3070
OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne
Name: Jean-Louis Leborne
Callsign: OAL714

Post by OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne »

"All prices in the DO are in USD therefore if you check Kyp's flight from LFPG to KJFK and back the ticket price for one way is ~ USD 7,500.00 which is almost ~ EUR 5,500.00 (i.e. half price of a first class round ticket)"

Excellent ! and much more realistic ! Great improvment for OAV financial balance sheet.

If I can get some the correct info, I'll let you know about the "maintenance hours/flight-time" ratio.

If I'm not wrong it's something like 18H up to 20H/1H !!!! that could explain why Concorde was that expensive to maintain !! But keep in mind BAW was making profits with Concorde flights, including charters flights.

"btw, J-L, any idea regarding cargo prices?"

AFAIK, the Concorde ticket was a whole price including cargo
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

810309 wrote:Ahaaa ... lets not make ourselves unpopular then !
With the usual prices of 100 to 300 v$ it makes profit as long as there are v.passengers available.
In trips where 10~20 pax were assigned it was a loss (like in real).
In trips where 80 pax are loaded profit is made.
So I will leave the FSA tickets where we usually set them, the upper end of the recommended prices.
I usually set the ticket for Airline flights to 10% above the standard price without passenger numbers dropping. I don't remember if I tried higher than that in the past. It seems that you can also have Business and First Class seats but I do not know if that affects ticket prices at the current FSA config..