Free flights and flights operating for Aegean

Πληροφορίες που αφορούν όλες τις θυγατρικές / Information concerning all subsidiaries
OAL488 Miguel Leandro Gonzalez
Name: Miguel Leandro Gonzalez
Callsign: OAL488

Free flights and flights operating for Aegean

Post by OAL488 Miguel Leandro Gonzalez »

Good day!

Real Olympic dash fly some routes for Aegean but not with codeshare, just operating.

For example the Dubrovnik, Luqa, Sofia or Tirana flights.

These flights are not on the system so i used the free flights system to simulate them using the Aegean callsign as in real life.

However my last reported flights are denied because using AEE callsign. How could i simulate this kinds of flights?

Thank you!
OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

Re: Free flights and flights operating for Aegean

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Good day Miguel :)

I see that you've done some research about the Olympic-Aegean real routes and that's very pleasing and unexpected to be honest!

There are flights to Dubrovnik, Luqa, Sofia and Tirana in Airways schedule which are of course based on the real Aegean-Olympic 2015 summer schedule (updating to 2016 schedule is work in progress). Many of them are not flown every day, especially the flight to Dubrovnik is flown only on Monday, Thursday and Saturday, the flight to Luqa and back (OAL0690 and OAL0691) is flown on Tuesday, Thurday and Saturday, so you must make sure you tick all the days in the Schedules page when searching for a flight. Note that you can fly them only these days and that's because we've chosen to give priority to realism than convenience.

If it comes to your attention that there's a real flight missing from our schedule, you can always mention it to the division manager so he can have a look at it.

We are using the real Olympic-Aegean schedule, so most flights are in fact operated only by Aegean but since Aegean and Olympic are merged, we are using them in our schedules under our VA's callsign.

Generally speaking, when flying for our VA, you can use either your personal callsign, or the flight's callsign to connect to VATSIM/IVAO. In these cases the callsign must be of the form: OALXXX or OALXXXX. You can mention any other information you want in the flightplan's remarks and/or Pilot remarks in the Pirep.

As far as your flights is concerned, they'll be accepted. As i said earlier, we don't often see pilots who are so keen in following the real Olympic-Aegean schedule, pay attention to realism and spend time to report a matter in our forum.

So thank you for that :)
Pilots' Manager
pilots@oav.gr

OAL488 Miguel Leandro Gonzalez
Name: Miguel Leandro Gonzalez
Callsign: OAL488

Re: Free flights and flights operating for Aegean

Post by OAL488 Miguel Leandro Gonzalez »

Thank you again Nick for your fast reply, do you live in these forums? xD

I know i'm a bit sick trying to replicate real counterparts in simulation.
Love the Dash and your great airports so i enjoy a lot trying to fly as real as they do.

I understand what you told me about selecting the days to search the whole routing. I try to simulate the flights at real hours and days so it's perfect for me.

Now i will try to replicate the flights of SX-OBG. It's based now at LGTS performing some routes.

Everything is clear now! Happy flights!