Assignments and flight planning.

Ολα όσα θα θέλατε να ξερετε και δεν τολμούσατε να ρωτήσετε. / Questions regarding OAV's dispatch office.
OAL106 Konstantinos Kioussis
Name: Konstantinos Kioussis
Callsign: OAL106

Assignments and flight planning.

Post by OAL106 Konstantinos Kioussis »

Hello, gents.

I'm rather new in OAV family and gradually getting some grips on how stuff works.
I'm having a few (rather basic) questions regarding assignments and flight planning.

Currently, i'm assigned to do an LGAV-OEJN and LCLK-LGSR ( both round trips ). These flights ( 946-946 and 782-783 ) have to be performed in the assignments specified week day and time or can be any week data as long as the initial PIPER is modified to the actual flown date and time??
Also, first week day is considered monday or sunday? and finally i suppose times ( as described in schedule ) are UTC?

Thanks in advance.
Konstantinos Kioussis.
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Re: Assignments.

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

In general flights in the schedule that specify specific days of the week can be flown on these days only, although the time of the day can be changed. The same applies to assignments (day matters, time does not) but if there are more than one flights scheduled for the assigned city pair any of them can be flown to complete the assignment.

For example lets assume you have an assignment from LGAV to LFMN, schedule flight number OAL100 that is flown every Monday and Wednesday only (1_3____). If another scheduled flight exists (usually the case if the flight is scheduled for a different time for some days of the week, either with the same of different flight numbers) any of them can be used to complete the assignment. Therefore if flight number OAL102 is also available from LGAV to LFMN flown an hour later than OAL100 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (____567) and you select to book it, you will be given the option to complete your assignment, although it is not the specific schedule assigned to you, just the same city pair.