Olympic Aegean Virtual has integrated simbrief in our dispatch office and it's available via the booking system. When used, the following data from the pirep is then submitted to Simbrief for flight planning generation:
- Aircraft type
- Aircraft registration
- Flight's callsign
- Flight's departure and arrival airports
- Flight Plan
- Block Out time
- Pilot's name
- Alternate Airport
- Cost index
- Aircraft's Operating Empty Weight
- Aircraft's Max Take Off Weight
- Aircraft's Max Landing Weight
- Aircraft's Max Zero Fuel Weight
- Aircraft's Zero Fuel Weight*
* The value of ZFW is based on the aircraft type and on previous year's average capacity of the real Aegean-Olympic Air company (83,2% for 2017), plus/minus a percent for variety purposes.
- Simbrief is a free service and it's flight planning is based on previous year's AIRACs. Simbrief uses the pirep's flightplan, but if that doesn't comply with the user's AIRAC, mades the appropriate changes, mostly assigns directs between navaids. If you've purchased Navigraph FMS data, you can use it to update Simbrief's AIRAC cycle.
- Changes made on the pirep get posted to Simbrief without the pilot having to submit the pirep first. You can change the flight plan for example and press the Simbrief OFP button. The OFP will be generated based on the updated flight plan.
- The values of "Cost Index" and "Alternate airport" are used only by Simbrief and are not being saved localy. Thus their values are being reset when leaving/reloading the page.
- You may have to disable any pop up blocker preventing the Simbrief from operating flawlessly.
- Since Aeroclub is based on VFR routes, Simbrief isn't available for that division.