F.A.Q. (English version)

Απαντήσεις σε συχνές απορίες. / Frequently Asked Questions.
OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

F.A.Q. (English version)

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Frequent Asked Questions

General

I'm a new pilot, where to start?
You should carefully read the manuals you received when you signed up. Seek for help in our forum and at our company's Teamspeak.

What will i need to perform my first online flight?
With OAV, ACARS. On IVAO's network ivap, on VATSIM's fsinn (installation quide here) or vPilot.

Can i fly on both networks?
Of course! OAV has official presence in both networks. Just make sure you update your account info at Pilots --> My account.

I am new pilot with the rank of Second Officer (SO), but i don't have a Turboprop aircraft.
Majestic's Dash8 Q400 is a perfect simulator for both new pilots and old. For freeware check here. Alternatively, you can fly with Aeroclub until you reach 30 hours.

Does the hours i have in Aeroclub count for my next promotion?
Of course!

I forgot my password!
Use the "Forgot your password?" link you'll find when logging in at the dispatch office.

I forgot my Pilot ID!
Contact the pilots' manager at pilots@oav.gr.

When do the training courses take place?
Usually every Monday at 21:00, starting early October and ending around June.

Is it necessary to attend?
Not required but highly recommended.

What's the minimum number of flights i have to make monthly in order to avoid my account becoming inactive?
It's clearly stated in the Operations Manual for each division, but usually there's tolerance.

I completed the hours required for the next rank, but I didn't get automatically promoted.
There's no automatic promotion, you should contact pilots' manager at pilots@oav.gr.

I've noticed that there are not enough OAV's liveries in IVAO's MTLs. Why is that?
Unfortunately, IVAO rules prohibit virtual airlines which are based on real airlines to use fictional liveries.

Which are the proposed speeds during an approach?
Generally the following speeds are used, but it also depends on the controller's instructions.

Phase - Speed
[Initial descend] - [~290 kts]
[Initial approach below FL100] - [250 – 210 kts]
[Intermediate approach to 12nm touchdown] - [210 – 180 kts]
[12nm to 8nm touchdown] - [180 – 160 kts]
[8nm to 5nm touchdown] - [160 kts decreasing]
[After 5nm touchdown] - [VApp (approach speed)]

Financial Model

What is the financial model?
It is the financial emulation of flight procedures. For each flight, various aspects are simulated such as fuel, catering, maintenance, pilot salaries cost, etc., and deducted from the income generated by the number of passengers and cargo you carry. The final result is the company's profit.It is done in conjunction with the economic model offered by FsAirlines.

Which divisions simulate the financial model?
Airlines, Charter, Cargo, Executive and Supersonic.

Can i be a member in more than one division?
Of course, if you have the time to meet the minimum required flights for each one.

What are the requirements to join the financial model?
You must have the rank of Captain (100 + hours, succeeded in written test) and also pass the practical test.

I've noticed that many pilots who are in the financial model, haven't passed the tests. Why is that? *30/6/14
The tests were implemented in 2012 for the new pilots entering the financial model, the old ones who were already in, are not obligated to take the tests.

I've just joined the financial model and i'm not sure which division to chose!
You automatically join Airlines which is the "mirror" of Airways emulating the financial model without the tours. You can be informed about the activities of the rest of the divisions from the Operations Manual.

I've just made a flight and noticed that the financial report in the dispatch office, shows negative income! *30/6/14
In order for the report to show the final income, we first must be sure that the flight was made properly. That's called quality check and it's done by the division manager. As long as the flight passes the check, the final and correct financial outcome appears.

Which are the HUBs for each division?
On the main page, check Operations --> Subsidiaries.

ACARS

I'm facing problems with ACARS, what should i do?
Read the manual and the installation guide.

I've read it, done the necessary steps, nonetheless the problem was not solved.
Mention the problem you are facing in ACARS forum, providing the required information.

*F.A.Q. will be updated frequently.
Pilots' Manager
pilots@oav.gr

OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

Re: F.A.Q. (English version)

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Updated 30/6/14
Pilots' Manager