SonicBoom effects

Olympic Supersonic operations.
OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne
Name: Jean-Louis Leborne
Callsign: OAL714

SonicBoom effects

Post by OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne »

Hello dear fellow Concorde captains,

Did you notice the following thread : http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.p ... -lighting/

Quoting SanxDiegoxSand : "there is no passenger cabin lighting. But there is a "fix", if your willing to edit your aircraft.cfg and add some files to fsx. I installed a sonic boom mod, to make the vortices and a boom, when I pass Mach 1.

A surprising side effect occurred with this. I had passenger cabin lighting, and it looked extremely natural. However it was only when I was supersonic, as soon as i returned to subsonic flight the pax lights went off

I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but i'm glad it did
"

link to dowload the "fix" : http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... bco-30.zip

I asked SanxDiegoxSand some days ago to PM me the 3 lines to be added to the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg, for each model to get the SonicBoom available from the outside (visible & audible) and he did :

SanxDiegoxSand has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Lights in the cabin".
SanxDiegoxSand said:
======================================================================
under the [Lights] section of your aircraft.cfg add:

light.2= 10, -10.0, 0.0, 0.0, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1

and under the
/////////////////////////
// System Computers Panel
/////////////////////////
section of your panel.cfg (depending on your setup) add this:

gauge28=COP3/Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/COP3/Sound.ini
gauge29=COP3!SonicBoomControl, 0,0

make sure to install this according to the instructions, or else this won't work.

My question :

Does anyone know how to install only the SonicBoom effects (visible & audible) + Light effects ?

AFAIK (I may be wrong), the installation of those effects require :

- SonicBoom.wav
- SonicBoomControl.xml
- SpeedControll.dll (not 100% sure ?? could be related with carrier ops)
- Sound.ini

- fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx

I'm already well equipped with the rest (catapult/arrester/IFLOLS...) and I don't really need it

Thanks

PS can't remember the difference between "panel.CPT.1600" and "panel.CPT.1920" located E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs_BAe-Concorde. Does anyone know ?
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Re: SonicBoom effects

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

PS can't remember the difference between "panel.CPT.1600" and "panel.CPT.1920" located E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs_BAe-Concorde. Does anyone know ?
I believe it refers to the resolution. 1600 being 1600 pixels horizontally, while 1920 means 1920 pixels horizontally (on the Captain's side of the panel - CPT).

That is the quick answer for a quick question. The rest of your post requires some research.. ;)
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Name: Kyprianos Biris
Callsign: OAL269

Post by OAL269 Kyprianos Biris »

Yes the CPT versions depend on whether you use old type or (newer) wide screen.
Its about the way the 2D main panel looks and you choose it from the FSLabs options.

Regarding the Sonic Boom effect. Due to the multitude of other stuff it involves from this add on (as you see I was the one who asked him about it) I will not install it.

As a beta tester of the ConcordeX under NDA I cannot say much.
What I can tell you is that once they release the A320 they will deal with a ConcordeX update.
All I will hint is that ... then the subject of this forum thread will not be an issue then ;)
P3Dv5.4 - CPU i9 10900 / GPU RTX 3070
OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne
Name: Jean-Louis Leborne
Callsign: OAL714

Post by OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne »

Thanks to you both

[...] the subject of this forum thread will not be an issue then

read you 5/5 Kyprianos ! As a Concorde beta tester I was not aware of that. Thanks
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Name: Kyprianos Biris
Callsign: OAL269

Post by OAL269 Kyprianos Biris »

It circulated in private as a test for the future update.
The part I refer to ;) worked fine, other stuff did not and it was postponed until A320 is finished.
P3Dv5.4 - CPU i9 10900 / GPU RTX 3070