Last Oct. 23rd, I flew the real Concorde…

Olympic Supersonic operations.
OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne
Name: Jean-Louis Leborne
Callsign: OAL714

Last Oct. 23rd, I flew the real Concorde…

Post by OAL714 Jean-Louis Leborne »

Hi ! dear fellow OAV Concorde Captains & other OAV pilots of aircrafts of all kind,

I’m not kidding, this is true story, and I can confirm that last Oct. 23rd, as pilot in command, I took controls of the real Concorde… Simulator ! ;) ;) ;)

As you may know, there is only one operational Concorde Simulator in the world and it’s at Brooklands Museum, UK. This simulator is the same one on which BAW crew themselves trained…

Below a link to download the English translation of the document I wrote some days ago in French, which can be considered as my feedback of this real Concorde simulator flight. It includes lots of pictures that were taken the same day and also some screen-captures from the FSX Concorde flight that replicates the real simulator one.

In case you’d like to read more, you know what to do… Enjoy ! And let me know if you feel like trying the Concorde Simulator someday… if, by chance, you have the opportunity to plan a real trip to UK.

http://goo.gl/rxLqFl

Jean-Louis Leborne
IVAO 245696 :) :) :)

Please note the link above will not lead you to any SPAM site…

A French non-profit organization "VIRTU-AiLES" based in Blagnac near Toulouse/France is currently working to make the real AF Concorde Simulator working again :
http://assovirtuailes.free.fr/plaquette/Plaquette.pdf
Sorry, this a French doc. but you'll know a little bit more about the project

“Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:18 PM
Jean-Louis,
you, my friend, and what you represent, are the reason we made the Concorde-X. Thank you for a heart-felt description of your wonderful experience“
Signed by Lefteris Kalamaras/FlightSimLabs Root Admin

PS Would you like to make a 360° tour of the real Concorde cockpit ? Below a link that leads to Air-France Concorde F-BTSD, currently grounded for ever at Paris - Le Bourget - Airspace Museum. Enjoy !
http://www.museeairespace.fr/c/c/aerosp ... ce/360-on/
OAL893 Vasilis Gkartzonikas
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Name: Vasilis Gkartzonikas
Callsign: OAL893

Re: Last Oct. 23rd, I flew the real Concorde…

Post by OAL893 Vasilis Gkartzonikas »

Hello Jean-Louis,

on behalf of all OLYMPIC Supersonic sonic enthusiasts I would like to thank you for searing your incredible experience. I dare to admit that I feel extremely jealous but on the other hand I feel very happy for you fulfilling the dream of a life time.

Hope to be in your position some day.

Keep dreaming!
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

Dear Jean-Louis,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us.

My only real Concorde experience was in 1997 at Heathrow, while killing time at the spectators viewing gallery (nowdays closed to visitors), hearing - and seeing but mainly hearing the sound of the 4 Olympus engines at full power - a Concorde taking off was an unforgettable experience that is still so live in my mind even after so many years..

Again thank you Captain!

Dear Mike & Vasilis,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Coming from both of you, they are of great value !

I'm still thinking I really was a lucky guy to have had the opportunity to fly the real Concorde Simulator ! I just sincerely hope that some of you will also see their dream come true. Flying the Concorde Simulator 30 years after the very last flights is just unbelievable. Once a lifetime experience...

Best regards

Jean-Louis

PS shall I say that I'm very impressed by what I already saw about the OAV site and the specific procedures of the VA. Great job you've done !
OAL269 Kyprianos Biris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Name: Kyprianos Biris
Callsign: OAL269

Post by OAL269 Kyprianos Biris »

245696 wrote:Flying the Concorde Simulator 30 years after the very last flights is just unbelievable
Concorde last flew in 2003, 10 years ago ! not 30.
P3Dv5.4 - CPU i9 10900 / GPU RTX 3070

[...] 10 years ago ! not 30.

correct, my mistake ! the reader will have corrected himself...

... Flying the Concorde Simulator 10 years after the very last flights is just unbelievable !