Aircrafts for new pilots

Ελάτε να γνωριστούμε και να σας λύσουμε οποιαδήποτε απορία σχετικά με την OAV. / Let us meet you and solve any inquiry regarding OAV.
OAL252 Antonio Kaniadakis
Name: Antonio Kaniadakis
Callsign: OAL252

Aircrafts for new pilots

Post by OAL252 Antonio Kaniadakis »

Hi everyone, I am new to this airline and I have some questions regarding the flight activities. I hold the rank of second officer and I should fly only turboprops aircrafts. I am very familiar with the aerosoft A320. Is there a test I can do to prove I am eligible for the rank of First Officer? I was expecting to use it but I have to follow to the rules and this could be the chance to fly new aircrafts.... So the first question is: how am I supposed to fly IFR with SID, STARS and so on if all the turboprops that have an FMC are payware? If I have the PMDG BAe J4100 can I use it? If yes where do I say that? Regarding the Aeroclub, when I log in I can choose only olympic airways, so how can I book a flight? Thank you very much and safe flights! :)
OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

Re: Aircrafts for new pilots

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Welcome aboard Antony and we hope we see you soon on our Teamspeak.

1. No, there's no test you can take in order to get promotion to FO.
2. Usually in Greece you can fly SIDS and STARS using VORs and NDBs since there are no RNAV procedures yet. It's also more challenging :)
3. Yes, you can use the J4100 to fly routes, just select ATR42-300 in our dispatch office as an aircraft since it's closest to it.
4. You now have access to Aeroclub where you can fly with small turboprops and climb to the rank of FO fast.

If you have any more questions, just shoot!
Pilots' Manager
pilots@oav.gr

OAL265 Dimitris Christinakis
Name: Dimitris Christinakis
Callsign: OAL265

Post by OAL265 Dimitris Christinakis »

Hello there, I am a new pilot too and I have a similar question about turboprops.

I use X-plane and the Dash-8 and ATR add-ons are low quality and dont worth the money.
I own Saab 340 addon is it possible to use as an alternative? And if it is what plane do I use for dispatch?

Thanls in advance!
OAL853 Nick Papandreou
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Nick Papandreou
Callsign: OAL853

Post by OAL853 Nick Papandreou »

Hello Dimitri,

You can use it since it's a turboprop, select the aircraft in the dispatch office that's closest to it as far as the payload, take off weight and landing weight is concerned.

Be careful not to overweight it!
Pilots' Manager
pilots@oav.gr