REX4 and UiAutomationCore.dll

Συζητησεις για utilities σχετικά με το FS. / About FS utilities.
OAL109 Mike Ionas
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Mike Ionas
Callsign: OAL109

REX4 and UiAutomationCore.dll

Post by OAL109 Mike Ionas »

Trying to resolve an issue with UiAutomationCore.dll and REX 4 I was directed to the following AVSIM article: Wrong Version of UiAutomationCore.dll. More specifically the GUI of REX4 requires UiAutomationCore.dll to run and if you have removed it - like I had - you will face problems. I restored UiAutomationCore.dll in system32 and SysWoA64 and placed the Vista version in FSX folder.

You can download the correct version here:
UIAutomationCore.rar
A lot of individuals have placed the Uiautomationcore.dll into their main fsx folder (Vista Version) to avoid FSX Menu crashes. I just found out that some fsx software addon is installing the wrong version of the Uiautomationcore.dll into the main fsx folder along with their product. I discovered the wrong version as I once did not believe in placing the Uiautomationcore.dll into the fsx directory as I thought it causes other anomalies. It supposedly only fixed FSX Menu crashes/freezes but others have stated it fixes all crashes. I have kept this dll out of my main fsx directory as I didn't believe in this fix but this weekend I had a ntdll crash and ran the AppCrashView program and discovered that the Uiautomationcore.dll was in my main FSX directory!!! Now who put it there!!! (not saying but I saw in the PMDG 777 Intro guide that they recommend this dll in all installations and provide a link to the WRONG version). The version I found was 6.0.6001.18000 and that's the wrong version. The correct version is 6.0.5840.16386. If you do not remove the dll or use the wrong version, you will get a freeze, an apphang, or ctd. The correct version is located in the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide. Click on the latest version of the guide. Goto Page 17. Once you download the version you will have to rename it to Uiautomationcore.dll and then drop it in your Main FSX folder.

You can check to see what version is installed by right clicking on the dll and then selecting Properties. Then look at the Details tab. If you have to 6.0.6001.18000 version you need to remove it immediately.

I'm still not positive that this dll (the correct version) will fix all of your crashes, problems with the PMDG 777, 737NGX, the FSDT Addon Manager, etc., etc., but it might. I have tested the correct version and no longer get an ntdll crash. And, according to Zeljko (B247NG), it eliminated freezing, stutters, and CTD's and the FSX Menu was more responsive and there were fewer stutters in the PMDG 777 and everything was smoother while running FSX. In my testing, I definitely saw most of my stutters go away and things seemed much smoother during flight.

In case anyone is unaware, the uiautomationcore fix is only for Windows 7, 64 bit users. If you have Windows 8 installed, it is not compatible and you will see problems if it is installed.

I think this is a fix for a lot of our problems....

Best regards,
Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN to view the files.